New Residential Account Requirements
New residential service with an existing meter located at the property may be applied for at our office at 17218 US Highway 72 or online. Requirements to apply and setup a new account are:
- a form of valid identification such as a valid driver’s license, military ID or social security card for both the applicant and co-applicant
- if renting, a formal or notarized rental agreement
- a non-refundable connect fee, which must be paid in advance. Connect fees are as follows:
- New customers or current/previous customers not in good standing: $75
- Current or previous customers in good standing: $20
Once we receive the proper documentation and payment, service will be turned on the following business day. This process and fee must be completed each time a customer moves. For questions or further information, please call us at 256-233-6444.
Charges are made for routine and special services to recover a portion of the expense of setting up and handling new accounts.
Service charges are imposed for the following: new service, transfer of service, trips to turn water on/off at customer’s request, reread water meter if reading is found to be correct, test meters if meter accuracy is correct, damage to LCWSA property (locks, curb stops, etc), if an account is unpaid at the time the collection list is generated and meter service employees have left to begin disconnects for nonpayment, pulled meters, cut locks, and illegal use of water.
See our Miscellaneous Fee Policy for service charge amounts.
In the event a customer’s account becomes past due and is subject to disconnect, the customer can get their past due balance below $36 and avoid interruption in service. This payment must be received prior to cutoff date. If a customer has questions or needs further information, contact us at 256-233-6444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.